Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hand-Painted yarn

Last Saturday I hand-painted this yarn, after I finished spinning it on my new Little Gem. It's a 50/50 alpaca/jacob blend and I used Jacquard acid dyes in 4 colors: Navy, Emerald, Sky Blue, & Teal. I'm so excited because I've wanted to try hand-painting yarn for a long time and I finally did! Here's my first project with the yarn:
Wow. It looks a lot different than the yarn picture... well, the gloves look more like it does in real life. With the rest I'm going to make socks using the magic loop method (first time!), toe-up (another first time!). Yay! I also just got my Ravelry invite the other day and I'm having so much fun with it (that's why this is short).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |